Monday, November 29, 2010

Onward '11 Journey for Emerging Photographers

Today was the second to last day for the extended submissions of Project Basho's Onward '11 Photo Contest.
>>

I submitted work from my semi-spanking-new series called Tik-Tok of Oz. But for these works, I submitted them as photo stills. Normally, these works are full video triptychs with 50% middle opacities as found on my youtube channel.For the stills, I wanted to choose a definitive moment within each video triptych to scrutinize. But choosing this one moment to frame, I am now able to fully realize the present and past with full control.

Welcome Home #1; video still, 2010

Welcome Home #2; video still, 2010

Hide and Seek; video still, 2010

Dancing in Reflections; video still, 2010

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see the work transforming as it shifts into a new medium. It is a little creepier on video to be honest. In the photos, all the lines and perspectives match, and in the videos your struggle to recreate that viewpoint is much more evident. A sense of sadness and longing created by an attempt to re-share a lived experience. Good luck, and I FB'd you another application you might want to look at.

    ReplyDelete