Monday, February 1, 2010

A new conversation starter.

So if you've been following my work you'll know that I've been working with a body of work from the collection of 1940's photographer Dan McNulty. I've been rephotographing his work and I produced a collection of nearly 60 recreations. I've been thinking how I can expand this project further and reinterpret the work that I've already done because a good friend of mine said that it was "pretty on the wall but doesn't do much." Mind you, I don't agree but that's because I am interested in the place of Jersey City as opposed to how this work is being read within the context of other contemporary work; nevertheless it got me thinking.

So I created this video, and plan on creating all my works into video, hopefully adding sound, and on site interviews by locals. I want to show people the old photographs and ask them "Is Jersey City all you have come to expect? or What do you think happened here" etc.

I have big hopes for getting people interested in what I am doing here, and in the wider frame of things, to get people interested in the physical progression of Jersey City as it stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment