Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ode to Morell

I've been trying to get back into the mood of making new work, but have been coming up empty in terms of what I want to do in the long run series-wise. Among the few works I've created during this artist block are photographs inspired by Abelardo Morell, Cuban photographer based out of Boston. His widely recognized for his work with creating camera obscuras in places around the world and taking long exposures of the rooms. The following images are my explorations with his process.






I took a mirror at one point during the shoot and reflected some of the light onto the ceiling.


I also took a large piece of paper and hung it in front of the hole in the window. The image projected itself much like the ground glass of a large format camera. So fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment