Sunday, June 27, 2010

Rectangular Reflection


Rectangular Reflections was conceived of when the tenants who lived below me moved to another residence and there was a period of time when I could enter the apartment and photograph. This was a new concept - not being able to enter the house for any period of time - being my cousin Michele used to live there my entire life until I was 21, and I'd frequently be found there. I chose to use mirrors because I liked the ambient light in the space and thought I would play around with it. Subconsciously, I found myself stealing back my childhood for these few seconds and had created evidence of it. It felt pretty good.

This mini-series is a part of my personal work that I produce with 35mm b/w film, which I develop and print traditionally in my home in Jersey City. The photographs are printed on 3.5 x 5 inch paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment