Sunday, August 1, 2010

World Trade Center; ongoing b/w project


It's been a while since I wrote about something that I've done personally. In the next few days I will be posting some ongoing projects, and my reviews of some exhibitions I went to in Chelsea within the past two weeks.

The following images are from an untitled series about life at the World Trade Center construction site, with an emphasis on pedestrian traffic. I believe that the magnitude of the events at Ground Zero have obviously affected the site's pedestrian traffic and demeanor, but the gate around the site specifically creates mystery, and a temptation for onlookers to reach over the gate to photograph. My focus in this project is about the site in general, the onlookers, the photographers, and the construction workers. I have been photographing this series since the winter of 2009. This project was shot with 35mm b/w film and printed at home in my darkroom in Jersey City.












1 comment:

  1. love these andrew. You know how much I love Harry Callahan, some of these remind me of his series on women pedestrians in Chicago

    http://www.sfmoma.org/artwork/123066

    ReplyDelete