Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sketch photo for a new video triptych

The Wizard's Balloon; a part of the Tik Tok of Oz series

When I was younger I used a stool flipped upside down to simulate the wizard's balloon from Oz. At this young age pictured here, I don't believe I had imagined that yet. My mother stuck me in there, naked because she thought it would be cute to video tape me trapped inside, and it was. I want this new video to reference what we know about photography and child nudity--particularly with cases such as Sally Mann and her images of her children early in her career. My present day insertion into this memory will raise questions about psycho-sexual identity and development.


This is also the first time I've created a sculptural work for a video.

No comments:

Post a Comment